A chocolate cake craving can attack at any time. And we all know that such a craving has to be satisfied at any cost. This recipe is for beginners and moody bakers who like me, don’t bother to acquire all the necessary tools of the craft but try to manage along with whatever is available at hand. Actually this cake cannot be made within 5 minutes the first time. But can be made in less than 5 minutes the second time, it takes a little practice.
Measurement: I don’t have those spoons and cups that are available in the market. Moreover I don’t believe in cooking by measuring 5ml or 2 drops and 1 pinch.. I put in ingredients by instinct 🙂 Cooking is not chemistry its love for food. So if your using a spoon or cup, it could be of any size, just make sure that you use the same spoon/cup to measure all other ingredients. If you heap the spoon/cup for a ingredient, measure others also the same way.
- 2 spoons- all purpose flour (maida)
- 4 spoons- chocolate powder (you can use drinking chocolate, molten chocolate bar)
- 5 spoons- oil (any cooking oil)
- 3-4 spoons- powdered sugar (it will depend upon whether you chocolate is sweetened or plain)
- 1/2 spoon- instant coffee powder
- 3 spoons- milk
- 1- egg
- pinch – baking soda
- pinch – baking powder
- Sieve together maida, chocolate powder, baking soda, baking powder, coffee and sugar powder. If you are using molten chocolate bar then it can be added later on.
- Repeat it again. This helps in incorporating the dry ingredients together.
- Beat egg in a bowl for 1min. The more stiffer you beat the egg more better it is for the cake. Don’t worry if you don’t have one of those electric beaters, spoon works fine.
- Mix oil into the egg and beat again for 1min.
- Mix milk in the oil and egg mixture. If you are using molten chocolate then add that also to the liquid mixture.
- Slowly mix the liquids into the flour mix while stirring to mix it in.
- Once all the liquid has been incorporated, check the consistency. It should not be too thick. If you feel it is thick you can add some milk.
- Coat your vessel with oil and dust it with a little maida.
- Pour your cake mix into the vessel.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Pierce the cake with a tooth pick or a knife. If it comes out clean then it is ready to be served.