My dad got fed up of eating cakes. Strawberry, vanilla, chocolate, brownie, choco lava, coconut cake etc, you name it i have made it after i bought the electric whisker last month. He said that he wouldn’t eat any more cakes. But mom, is not yet satiated. As for me, i don’t care what i bake, i want to bake. So.. this is what that resulted.. It was quick to make. Got ready in under 10 minutes. with a little bit of personalisation i think this will be a very nice evening snack to have with with tea.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4th cup whole wheat flour (you can use any flour except besan)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Spices- jeera powder, Dhania (coriander seed) powder, chilli powder, anyother masala – just pinch
- chopped corriander leaves
- chopped green chillis
- creativity 🙂
- Beat eggs till they double in volume. Then slowly drizzle in the oil while beating continuously. The consistency of the resultant mixture should be really thick.
- Sieve together the flour, salt, baking powder and spices.
- Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Use the milk to adjust the consistency.
- oil and dust a microwaveable dish and pour in the mixture.
- microwave for 4 minutes.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
This is actually a modification of Nita Mehta’s Vanilla Cake.